The most common causes for leaks in oil wells, and 8 questions to consider before you select solution.
Leaking wells have been a persistent and chronic problem for the oil and gas industry causing loss of production, safety issues, and environmental threats for decades.
Almost two out of ten wells are leaking around the world. This guide will show you:
- The most common causes for leaks in oil and gas wells.
- Different types of leaks.
- What you need to think about when you observe a leak.
Remember – leaks do not go away by themselves. If they do, it is because of Murphys`s 2nd law:
- If it doesn´t fail right now it will fail much worse at a later stage.
- Or, it will fail as bad but at a much worse time.